SnowPit Technologies Avalanche Field Book
"When assessing avalanche hazard, you need to account for the effects of the snowpack, terrain and weather. This waterproof fieldbook provides an easy way to summarize all of your observations and test results, helping you make better decisions in avalanche terrain. Along with the easy to use observation summaries, you'll find guidelines for performing common stability tests, user-friendly formats for recording and analyzing your pit data, useful conversion tables, trip log and avalanche danger scale. Also: tips for efficient snowpits, complete snow crystal references, universal slope indicator, weather reference page and useful tips for traveling in avalanche terrain.
See for yourself why avalanche professionals and serious backcountry enthusiasts prefer this fieldbook!"
- Smallest & lightest three-antenna beacon on the market
- Patented sensor technology delivers ease of use and intuitive handling
- Large display for best readability
- Includes lightweight chest harness
- Wireless updates managed through a Bluetooth® enabled mobile app
- Maximum circular receiving range of 40 m
- Flagging function in case of multiple burials
Black Diamond Deploy 7 Shovel
- Curved, trapezoidal shaft nests in the anodized blade of the shovel
- Engages in a fraction of a second
- Hybrid D/T handle
Pieps C 660 Shovel
- Telescopic handle quickly deploys and minimizes twisting while shoveling
- C-handle enables easy grip even with thick gloves
- Non-slip grip provides secure purchase, even with wet gloves
- Non-slip foot rest
- Quick lock system for automatic engagement when extended
- Hoe function for easy bivy construction
- Integrated bottle opener
Voile Telepro Shovel
The extended telescoping handle adds efficiency and reduces strain on your lower back. Once collapsed, the handle removes easily from the scoop and stows conveniently in a pack for travel or making joyous turns downhill.
But the accolades of the Telepro don’t stop there. First, its large scoop is cold forged to its quintessential Voilé shape from 6061 aluminum. Then the scoop is heat-treated to an impressive T6 temper.
T6-tempered 6061 aluminum has an ultimate tensile strength of 42,000 psi and yield strength of 35,000 psi. So what does all that mean? Let’s just say the end result is a scoop that rivals the strength and rigidity of a heavy, steel scoop you might find on a transfer shovel from a hardware store.
The shovel scoop of the Telepro Avalanche Shovel features a pair of slotted holes. In the deft hands of a snow expert, these “deadman” holes may used to fashion an emergency rescue sled or snow anchor. (Please don’t rap off the latter into a deep crevasse.)
The Telepro is truly a professional-level avalanche shovel at a price that anybody can dig.
BCA RS EXT Shovel
The RS EXT avalanche shovel is both light and extendable for weight conscious skiers and snowboarders that prefer the comfort and functionality of an extendable shovel.
Hoe mode creates the ultimate tool for “strategic shoveling” and digging out stuck snowmobiles. The BCA avalanche rescue shovel line boasts an off-the-chart strength to weight ratio, while taking up minimal storage space in your pack.
Remember, the excavation process in an avalanche rescue is where the most time can be lost or gained.
RS EXT Avalanche Shovel Features
- Heat-treated neckless blade
- Rectangular shaft
- Ergonomic grip
- T6 heat treatment
- Easy conversion to hoe mode
- Holes in blade for use as snow anchor